LRM is a free tool that enables you to monitor and track your flights and aircraft landing rates within your flight simulator.
- Easy to install download and run the installer - you'll be up and running in a few seconds (next, next, next etc)!
- Lightweight only a few megabytes of space required on your machine!
- Easy to use just run the application and it'll track your take-off and landing rate.
- Run it on a remote machine LRM can be run on a remote machine when using WideFS.
- Optional "Dark Mode" Reduce strain on the eyes and use the "Dark Mode" to reduce the brightness of the application windows.
- Display the FPM and G-Force at landing and the take-off rate in-sim No more having to minimise your sim to see the landing rate, you can choose to show the landing rate (FPM) directly in the sim!
- Flight logbook linking the LRM client to a free FSHub.io account enables you to record all your flights, routes flown and landing statistics.
- Web-based GPS tracking you can monitor your aircraft position on any device, anywhere...
- Cabin announcements/sounds effects (optional) had a good landing? You can enable cabin feedback by having a roar of passenger applause! If you have a bad landing you will hear screams! You can also enable or disable cabin announcements during pushback and after arriving. These sound effects are totally customisable too!
- Route planner can be used (when you have linked the LRM Client to your FsHub account to specify a flight plan (totally optional though), you can even import route plans from SimBrief or LittleNavMap save files too.
- Microsoft Fight Simulator 2020, Microsoft FSX, FSX Steam Edition, Prepar3d or X-Plane (10 or 11)
- FSUIPC client (if using MSFS2020, FSX, FSX-SE or P3D)
- XPUIPC client (if using X-Plane)
- 32 MB free disk space
Full documentation for the software and it's features can be found online in PDF format. I would highly recommend that all users' read it when they first install. Work to upgrade the documentation for 5.x.x is still ongoing but for the majority of the functionality, the existing documentation (v4.0.0) is still relevant!
LRM is provided free of charge but without warranties for both personal and commercial use, feel free to download and use it today!
LRM is developed and provided free of charge but if you value this software and the time it takes to be developed please consider donating via. Paypal.
The application version changelog can be expanded below.
v5.5.9 - Released 28th May 2022
- Bugfix: Company Route notes window (if there are optional company routes attached to an imported route plan) now correctly displays regardless of using the "Auto-activate" route option.
- UX Improvement: Clicking "Preview plan in FsHub" on Route Planner window now displays the planned route map and waypoint info (instead of going to the Web GPS and requiring the user to click/load the flight plan).
- Feature: Clicking the red "Disconnected" status message now opens a useful webpage with information as to why LRM cannot connect to the simulator and how to resolve.
- Performance Improvements: General application performance tweaks on the main thread during status cycle.
v5.5.7 - Released 8th May 2022
- Bugfix: Importing of Company Routes (VA users only) from the Route Planner window will now automatically truncate long route names/flight numbers and therefore prevents the previous ambiguous error message.
v5.5.6 - Released 1st May 2022
- Bugfix: The setting "Auto-activate imported flight plan?" persistence is now working between application re-launching and re-opening the Route Plan window.
v5.5.4 - Released 29th April 2022
- Feature: Experimental support for Helicopters (enable from the Help > Advanced menu).
- Feature: New global keybinding added (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+L) to show/hide (toggles) the LRM window useful when running a simulator in full-screen mode or as a faster alternative to accessing the LRM client.
- UX Improvement: Message box warning if the (optional) JoinFS path is invalid/has changed.
- UX Improvement: Message box warning if Route Plan does not contain a cruise level/altitude.
v5.5.1 - Released 22nd April 2022
- Feature: Adds new "High-res" Pilot GPS tile setting in the LRM Data Connector settings window (users can now use 512px tiles instead of default 256px) making the AeroPad PilotGPS sharper.
- Feature: Increase tail number max length from 6 to 8 characters as per official ICAO specifications.
- Bugfix: LRM volume controls now appear in Windows Sound Mixer (for independent SoundFX volume controls)
v5.5.0 - Released 7th April 2022
- Bugfix: Live Traffic usernames with spaces in not detected on flight reports and global radar.
- Performance Improvements: Fixed a performance issue affecting LRM after a simulator session is disconnected and LRM is running in BlackBox mode.
- General: LRM now built with .NET 4.8 (upgraded from .NET 4.6)
v5.4.9 - Released 4th April 2022
- Bigfix: Crash (UE) fix under certain "first load" scenarios (affected < 1% of users).
- UI improvements: Reworded auto/manual update checker notification message variations to be less ambiguous.
- UX improvements: Added a reminder for the need for FSUIPC/XPUIPC after version installations or upgrades.
v5.4.8 - Released 1st April 2022
- Feature: Live Traffic (optional JoinFS client integration).
- Feature: Adds useful "MSFS2020?" user help tip link to alert of in-sim notification settings specifically related to MSFS2020 users.
- Feature: Improvements to the auto-update and manual update check features.
v5.3.0 - Released 18th March 2022
- Feature: Moved the "Fetch from SimBrief" flight plan import option from the dropdown menu to a dedicated button.
- UX improvements: "Basic landing logs" data table now lists flights in descending chronological order.
- UI improvements: Button and menu sizing improvements to the Route Planner section.
- UX improvements: Adds a new "My Achievements" menu item for fast access to the new "Daily flight challenges" when using FsHub.
- Feature: Prevents the "Report Issue" form from being sent without issue descriptive text being entered.
v5.2.9 - Released 24th February 2022
- Feature: Adds the SimBrief Fetch API as an additional flight plan import option.
- Feature: Improved output of landing pitch and bank indications to the "Basic landing logs" log book.
- Bugfix: Company Route list dropdown now correctly displays the company route track distance.
- Bugfix: Company Route import option correctly now pre-populates the callsign/flight number field with the Company Route name.
- GUI improvements (blackbox mode system tray menu tweaks and Discord integration disablement option moved to "Help > Advanced" options menu)
v5.2.4 - Released 21st February 2022
- Bugfix: AeroPad now auto-starts when in LRM is configured to auto-start when you log in (using "BlackBox mode").
- Feature: Ability to now enable the "Ignore short flights" feature from within the client (instead of using the FsHub user settings) - The setting on the FsHub website has now been removed so users will now need to use the client to update/set this setting.
- Feature: Prevents the Aircraft Manager panel from being accessed whilst airborne (protects against potential flight log issues).
- Feature: Debug log message is written if the user's flight is less than 15 mins and the above setting is enabled (to help easily identify issues in future).
- Feature: Discord Rich Presence now uses the real-time "time elapsed" counter that resets between airborne and on the ground transitions (enabling the 3rd line on the user status).
- Feature: Users can now completely disable Discord Rich Presence features from the Preference window if they wish.
- Feature: The LRM client GUI screen now shows Left/Right Up/Down indicator symbols for the pitch and bank values.
- Bugfix: Typo "degress" fixed (changed to "degrees") in the in-sim take-off and landing notifications.
- Bugfix: Wind direction values output in the client GUI window and in-sim notifications now use a leading zero eg. "winds as 45 degrees" is now output as "winds at 045 degrees".
- Bugfix: The "pitch" textbox text colour (when using the default theme) is slightly lighter (dark grey) than the other text boxes (black), fixed the textbox text colour to match the other textbox text colours.
- Feature: Normalisation of positive landing rates.
- Feature: Removes the duplicates "Pushback initiated log messages" that are duplicated heavily in the debug logs.
v5.1.2 - Released 1st January 2022
- Improvements to the detection of simulator type (as shown on the FsHub flight report page).
v5.1.1 - Released 26th December 2021
- Fixes a bug where the standard "Light Mode" + "Personal Fight" profile fails to display the landing statistics values upon landing.
v5.1.0 - Released 24th December 2021
- Adds a new optional "Dark Mode".
- Improvements to VA colour schemes - VA configured colours are now used for the landing stat text boxes too!
- Virtual airline pilots can now filter company routes from when using the optional "Import plan from Company Route" window.
- Added two new EFB apps - "Airline Radar" and "Route Plan".
v5.0.4 - Released 6th December 2021
- Fixes a bug affecting the exit confirmation popup (when a flight is not completed and the user is using "BlackBox" mode).
- Fixes a typo in one of the EFB app icons.
v5.0.3 - Released 3rd December 2021
- Major version update, full release details can be found here
v4.3.2 - Released 18th October 2021
- Fixes a regional settings issue.
v4.3.1 - Released 1st October 2021
- Improved support for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
- G-Forces now captured at landing and it contributes towards the landing rate "score" (G-Force recording not currently compatible with XP11 though).
- New "Route Planner" feature added - You can enter route plans manually, import from a virtual airline saved route plan or from a SimBrief or LittleNavMap plan file.
- Virtual airlines can now style the LRM client interface remotely (for virtual airline flights).
- Extra sound effects/cabin announcements (bad landings, pushback, arrival).
- Ability to disable all sounds effects/cabin announcements for light aircraft (< 3 tonnes OEW).
- Ability to "ignore" touch and go landings from automatically reporting as a flight in FsHub (can be enabled from the Preferences Window).
- New in-client issue reporting feature (with debug logs).
- Updater system to automatically migrate your LRM client settings on new installations.
- New in-client links to our new support forums and Discord server.
- Performance and stability improvements
v4.0 - Released 23rd November 2017
- Added landing categorisations to landing summaries (eg. smooth, perfect, firm, hard, dangerous, and fatal).
- Added optional cabin applause when a "safe" landing is made.
- Now officially supports and works with X-Plane 11 in addition to the previously supported simulators.
- Enables optional Virtual Airline tracking for users of FSHub.io.
- References to LRMLive are now replaced with FSHub.io (following the re-branding).
v3.0 - Released 10th October 2016
- Additional information now shown for landings (speed, pitch, bank and wind conditions).
- Optional "BlackBox" mode, that when enabled, it will start LRM at login and will monitor in the background, no need to start it manually anymore!
- Personal pilot flight records (when linked to an FSHub.io account).
- Web-based GPS tracking (when linked to an FSHub.io account).
- Display take-off statistics in-sim.
- Ability to customise how long the in-sim messages are displayed for.
v2.4 - Released 10th August 2016
- Fixes an issue affecting French regional settings on Microsoft Windows® (issues #2 and #3).
- Adds new option to show extra landing statistics in the sim on landing (feature request #4).
- General tweaks and improvements.
v2.3 - Released 6th March 2016
- Adds new option to auto-close LRM when the Sim is closed.
- Adds new option to check for LRM updates on start-up.
v2.2 - Released 7th February 2016
- Pitch/bank angles and wind direction/speed now only uploaded to the LRMLive site instead of outputted to the client/screen (less clutter) as requested by users.
v2.1 - Released 31st January 2016
- Now captures and displays pitch/bank angles and wind direction/speed
- Updates API and Map URLs to use the new domain address.
v2.0 - Released 31st March 2015
- Fixed the update checker tool to correctly report if a new version is available.
- Added option to display the landing rate (FPM) in the simulator (green banner)
- Added option to send landing rate and aircraft position to the LRM live map.
- Various performance improvements.
v1.0 - Released 4th December 2014
- Initial release.
Issue or feature request?
If you wish to report a bug, issue or wish to create a new feature request, please log them over at our Issue Tracking system.
Need some help? I provide free support via. email, please note that I am a very busy person so sometimes it may take a day or two for me to respond to emails.
My contact details can be found on my homepage.
As of June 2021, you can now register and get support via our Discord server.